[Sysadmin] subsciption to theforum

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 12 22:51:01 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 03:35:20AM +0000, Elfur Logadottir wrote:
> From: "Dean Mah"
>
> | theforum requires that you confirm subscription but does not require
> | moderator approval unless someone changed it recently.
>
> yeah, that's what i thought, but as i said, it came up in a discussion
> earlier today and it was my understanding that person was waiting for
> approval of subscription, going to ask again to be sure, and after that
> i'll find someone at least to approve them and we'll take it from there.

There weren't any pending subscriptions that I could see when I went
it to verify the list management settings.

> | I would suspect that content controls the general list management.
>
> hmm, ok. didn't think so, doesn't content only control the content of the
> site?
> but, as i've said before, sometimes i get confused.

IIRC, system administration of lists.evolt.org server/domain/etc. is a
sysadmin duty but not all of the list owners belong to sysadmin.  They
do all belong to the content list though, I believe.  I think that
content manages all content regardless of location, i.e., site
(w.e.o), lists and harvests (l.e.o), and (directory) d.e.o.  sysadmin
looks after the infrastructure.

Dean