[Sysadmin] New BEO mirror

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Fri Feb 21 06:56:01 CST 2003

Afternoon folks

I've just done a wee bit of begging and as a result,
we just got a new fat-ass mirror donated.

James Cronin at Flirble.org has just rsynced against
deouk and opened a BEO mirror this morning, ftp and
http,  with a commitment to 100Gb/month in transfer.

It's based in London, UK and we've given it the address
of flirble-lon.evolt.org.uk.

A second, lower capacity mirror in NYC will follow
shortly (we'll be handling the lower capacity part
by wording accordingly, as they requested).  It will
be named flirble-nyc.evolt.org.uk.

Both have uncapped ethernet-speed connections and are
not throttled.  It is possible that the NYC mirror may
be short-lived *if* it becomes too popular.

James is also (because it arouses them) setting up one
of them - dunno which yet - to be an IPv6 mirror.  A
third address may therefore ensue.

Top, massive, huge thanks to the flirble guys.

I propose we now either

a) restrict access to BEO's copy to rsync from eouk only
   and cut the bandwidth out of evolt.org, or

b) now declare that BEO and DEOUK are the same server and
   shut BEO off altogether.

Meanwhile the mirror hunt continues.

Happy, happy, joy, joy

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8459 4923       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com