[Sysadmin] Bounced Mail Tracking

Dean Mah dmah at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 21 14:41:45 CST 2003

I've implemented the evolt-id scheme mentioned previously.  I've only
put it on one of the relays.  I'd rather have a fallback server if
things go pear-shaped.  Plus the size of the log files grow fairly
rapidly and I'd like to contain it to a single server.  It'll also
make it easier to roll the change back when we are done with it.

So, if you get bounces that are not traceable, look in the headers for
the 'X-evolt-id:' header.  If you find that, let me know and I'll
lookup the possible e-mail addresses associated with that ID.

Dean