[Sysadmin] beo DNS?

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Mon Mar 3 21:07:48 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 02:05, .jeff wrote:
> > Thank fuck Allaire never made a list server, is the
> > only thing I'm thinking atm. :-)
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
> geee, thanks.

You can take that personally if you like.  It certainly
wasn't intended as such.

> now, so i don't assume what you meant by all that, can you please elaborate
> alittle more and explain how you really feel?

Since you asked, how I'm feeling *this* week is annoyed
not with anyone in particular, but at all of us in general
for getting ourselves into a position where we're entirely
dependent on how much spare time you can wrest from your
schedule.  It sucks for evolt, and I assume it sucks for
you as well.

None of this has jack shit to do with criticising the
decisions which were made when they were made, which I'm
not going to do since they were the right things to do at
the time.

That said we just managed to cut the warning time for
closing meo down to 3 days.  You and I both have been
saddled with about a week's work without warning, and
a little while ago it suddenly became apparent that we're
going to have to re-do beo in the same timeframe.

Plus, tbh, I'm entirely unhappy about being corralled -
again by circumstance and not by you - into moving to MS
SQL Server in an environment where we become even more
dependent on one person.  Whoever it is.  We've been
there before.  It sucked.  If there was another way, I'd
be grabbing at it.

However, ranting isn't going to help any, so I'll stop
there.  OT, and all that.

--
John Handelaar <genghis at members.evolt.org>