[Sysadmin] old leo/meo server

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun May 4 00:37:24 CDT 2003

Ron Dorman wrote:
> Dean Mah wrote:
>
> > > Dean, let me know when you have a little time, if we can get ssh to
> > > run again, I can copy things to my dev machine for attaching to
> > > emails to people that don't have a machine to receive scp or ftp.
> > >

> > ssh on what?  If the machine isn't accessible from the outside....
> >
> on the old leo/meo box.  it is on a private local area net in my office.
>  the other three machines are Win2K desktops.  if ssh would run on
> leo/meo, i could transfer any needed files to a desktop (tar'd or not),
> attach to an email and send.

ssh does run on meo, or at least it did before it was switched off.

probably the easiest thing to do is delete the browser archive (which is
still on there iirc), and then run bash as root and do the following:

cd /home ; for i in * ; do tar --atime-preserve -cvzf $i.tar.gz $i ; done

this should create a tarball of each individual home directory, ready for
picking up and sending to anyone who requests it.  Unix users should have no
problem unpacking a gzipp'd tarball, Winzip can handle them too.

caveat: untested ;)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like