[Sysadmin] browser hosting bandwidth limits?

Chris Evans chris at unhappyfun.com
Fri Oct 17 22:54:33 CDT 2003

David A. Ulevitch wrote:

>>I was checking my hosting logs for my mirror of beo just now, and
>>noticed I ran about 600 gig last month for hosting.  Is there perhaps a
>>way I can limit that just a touch?
>
> mod_throttle or similar?

Actually, I was under the understanding that b.e.o. had some sort of
bandwidth cap/ round robin serving that handled that.  You should see my
domain cost split this month.  I host seven domains for a modest cost.
The *second* place domain got penalized because he exceeded his limit of
15 gigs, and evolt popped me for 40 times that amount. I have the extra
bandwidth to give, and volunteer it freely because I have extra to give
and I do love Evolt.  I'd just like to keep the bandwidth within my limits.

Chris

PS anybody want to play chess?