[Sysadmin] browser hosting bandwidth limits?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Oct 18 00:06:32 CDT 2003

Chris Evans wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Actually, I was under the understanding that b.e.o. had some sort of
> bandwidth cap/ round robin serving that handled that.

No, a list is presented once a file is picked, and the user clicks on one
of the mirror links to dl the file.  Fuseware is 2nd from bottom on the
list, bottom in terms of HTTP links (the last link in the list is
flirble.org's ftp link).  If you'd like to be taken out of the loop for a
while to let your bandwidth settle, and maybe investigate some throttling
options (davidu's mod_throttle suggestion is a good 'un), let me/us know.

In theory, a rotation and short-term quota/traffic based expunge/return
system could be implemented, but it would entail massively complexifying
the current simple system.  Work will be done to rethink the way beo works,
no doubt we'll talk about it at the uk (but online for those unable to make
it irl) codevolt next month.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like