[Sysadmin] [ronr at linuxdude.com: bounces]

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Sun Dec 5 07:11:26 CST 2004

David A. Ulevitch <davidu at everydns.net> wrote:

>> William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
>>> I think we need to have local multiple-hands control over our DNS.
>>
>> Don't we?  EveryDNS has a web interface.  Don't we have a login?
>
> There is a login...I just need to know who should and shouldn't have
> access.   I assume Neuro (based on previous DNS request changes) and
> Dean Mah (because of sysadmin)...anyone else?

Currently, anyone in the sysadmin group on tempest can su to root, and
can manage the evolt.org opensrs account, so I guess those are the same
users who may need, and can be trusted with DNS permissions.

Currently those people are:

  dmah: Dean Mah <dmah at shaw.ca>
  garrett: Garrett Coakley <garrett at polytechnic.co.uk>
  genghis: John Handelaar <john at videoisland.com>
  emkay: Mike King <mike.king at redroom.biz>
  neuro: William Anderson <neuro at well.com>
  dkaufman: David Kaufman <david at gigawatt.com>

Perhaps you should be there too!

When we setup tempest, we all swapped GPG keys here on the list so I
could create user accounts for everyone on the box.  Security by public
committee is a just *bit* hair-raising :-)

So I "published" the evolt opensrs credentials in a 600 file in my home
directory so those with root will be able to get to it after I walk into
the proverbial bus, so i guess that would be a good place for the DNS
login, too...

Here is my public key again.  If you'd like, go ahead and encrypt the
EveryDNS login info to me and post it here.  I'll put it on the server
with the OpenSRS login, and if you throw in your password choice, I'll
create a user account for you on tempest too.  Since you've been the
keeper of the DNS this long, I'm sure we could use you as another
bus-redundant sysadmin for the new server, if you're interested, as well
as domain registrar operator :-)

-dave