[Sysadmin] [ronr at linuxdude.com: bounces]

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Sun Dec 5 10:58:04 CST 2004

Just do this:

1) ns1.evolt.org is master DNS server but not listed as a delegated
nameserver for evolt.org
2) ns{1-4}.everydns.net are listed as the delegated nameservers for
evolt.org but they are configured as slaves of ns1.evolt.org

That way you completely make changes on ns1.evolt.org and have a full
copy of your bind zone or djbdns zone but you also get the full power
of everydns.net's global network.

If we ever disappear (no way), you still have your original zones.

Plus, right now the web interface is semi-realtime whereas secondary
service has about a 60 minute delay.  Moving evolt.org to a secondary
setup might motivate me to make the secondary service support NTFY and
become just as real-time as the web interface. :)

Sorry for top posting but it was too hard to cut up your reply since it
was just one long 'graph. :) [and I'm lazy!]

-davidu