[Sysadmin] [ronr at linuxdude.com: bounces]

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Dec 7 13:14:49 CST 2004

David Kaufman wrote:
> William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
>
>>David A. Ulevitch wrote:
>>
>>>Just do this:
>>>
>>>1) ns1.evolt.org is master DNS server but not listed as a delegated
>>>nameserver for evolt.org
>>>2) ns{1-4}.everydns.net are listed as the delegated nameservers for
>>>evolt.org but they are configured as slaves of ns1.evolt.org
>>>
>>>That way you completely make changes on ns1.evolt.org and have a full
>>>copy of your bind zone or djbdns zone but you also get the full
>>>power of everydns.net's global network.
>>
>>wasn't that what I was saying?  If i wasn't clear, you've massively
>>clarified it - I think what you and I are saying is the best way
>>forward.
>
> Yup.  Good, so that's decided.

There's been no objections to this - are we moving ahead?  What IP
address(es) do I need to tell bind to accept axfr from?  Just the four IPs
for ns{1-4}.everydns or is there a specific box that does axfrs?

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | "There's something about records which is
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |  really satisfying."