[Sysadmin] got root?

Mike King mike.king at redroom.biz
Sun Jun 20 07:20:03 CDT 2004

On 19/06/2004 18:40, Dean Mah wrote:
> I'd think that RCS or SCCS would suffice, whichever comes with the
> box.  CVS seems like overkill.  I don't think that we want multiple
> people changing configuration files at once, anyway....

Agreed. Any objections?

>>Do we have a secure document store for the passwords and stuff?
>
> Not centrally that I know of.  Each member has likely kept his/her own
> store.

I'm thinking more about the root password. Going back to the 'under a
bus' scenario, If only one person has access to the root password we
could be in a fix somewhere down the line.

I'm sure we can trust each other enough not to use the password unless
it's required, so giving people access to a document with all the
details in seems, to me, the best idea.

mk