[Sysadmin] Software Installation

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 21 22:39:41 CDT 2004

Okay.  So where are we with intallation decisions?

It looks like exim is already installed on the server but not a lot
else.  Let's get Apache and MySQL installed and then grab one of the
ticket apps and then start tracking everything else, e.g., mailman,
sites, qmail/postfix/??, etc.

I'd suggest that since neuro's set to go, that he gets Apache and
MySQL compiled/installed and we re-visit the idea of packaging later.
Perhaps we take a wait and see approach to see how necessary it is.
(In the times that I've worked on l.e.o, it's never been a big deal.)

Dean