[Sysadmin] css-d lag time (five hours or so)

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Fri Dec 2 01:08:49 CST 2005

Hi Eric,

Eric A. Meyer <eric at meyerweb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    Mail from css-discuss is currently being delivered roughly five
> hours after it's sent in, an interval that seems to have increased
> slightly over the course of the day.  As you might expect, this is
> making for some weirdness in the conversational flow.  Any chance of
> giving the server a kick to see if that wakes it up?  Thanks.

It's the first of the month, so a bazillion mailing list reminders went
out this morning, and as usual many were bouncing around, and there were
about 2000+ messages in the queue when I looked and it appeared stuck
there.

So I kicked qmail over and stood it back up again, and it seems to be
slowly decreasing now.

Let us know if the situation doesn't improve,

-dave