[Sysadmin] Any evolt services still left on the raq?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 16:54:06 CST 2005

Genghis wrote:

> William Anderson wrote:
> > No worries - I can do this today if everyone else here is cool
> with it,
> > and theforum agreeth.
>
> Theforum doesn't get to agreeth or not about whether Martin shuts
> off current services though.

True, but I don't want to cause the inconvenience, so I'd rather
stuff got moved than was lost.

More to the point, theforum doesn't/shouldn't give a flying one about
this level of detail. We(evolt) have decided that as a strategy, we
want all stuff moving to evolt kit (which consists of tempest rn),
not member-donated kit. We haven't yet decided to do anything but
keep meo forwarding (although I do wonder how worthwhile it is after
this time).

> I'd grab the data asap and shut tings down at EV1 pronto.

'twould be nice :-)

Reading on: William wrote:
 > I've just double checked DNS - primary MX for meo has been mail, aka
 > tempest, for some time now.  I'm shifting the A record over now.
This
 > leaves only one record pointing at the raq - eoukraq.evolt.org.  All
 > else has been moved.

that says to me that the raq is now evolt-free, so unless anyone's
got any different ideas, I'd like to shut off the raq early doors
next week.

Cheers
Martin

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/