[Sysadmin] Fw: ServerMatrix Global Network Maintenance - Thursday 1/13/2004 1:00am CST (UTC -0600)

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Mon Jan 3 19:49:12 CST 2005

Forwarded ServerMatrix notice:

----- Original Message -----
From: "General Customer Mailings" <support at theplanet.com>
To: <treasurer at evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 8:28 PM
Subject: Global Network Maintenance - Thursday 1/13/2004 1:00am CST
(UTC -0600)

Greetings,

Planet Engineering will be conducting global network maintenance
beginning at 01:00am CST (UTC -0600) on 1/13/2005, lasting until 03:00am
CST (UTC -0600) that same morning.  This work is necessary to install
the new TippingPoint IPS systems.  During the work, we do not anticipate
any extended downtime, however, because fiber connections are being
moved, customers may experience intermittent disconnections and possibly
loss of connectivity for brief periods of time.  Planet Engineering will
do everything possible to prevent a loss of connectivity, but because of
the nature of the work, it is possible that this will occur.

This work is applicable to Planet Bandwidth customers only.  MatriXtreme
customers (unmetered Cogent-only network) will NOT be affected by this
work.  We may install the IPS appliances on the MatriXtreme network in
the future, but that has yet to be determined.

More information on the TippingPoint hardware and the benefits that it
will provide our customers is below.

The Planet is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art service and
support to its customers, and has recently implemented a large-scale
effort to enhance its security suite with several new systems.
TippingPoint's award-winning UnityOne system delivers the most powerful
network protection available, and combines ultra-high performance with
accurate & reliable protection from exploits and malware.

TippingPoint's Digital Vaccine filters also recognize and block
potential attack permutations, providing protection against even
Zero-Day threats.

The Planet has spent months extensively testing UnityOne on its networks
and we are exceptionally pleased with its performance, reliability, and
value.  We're excited about providing this service to you.

Stay tuned for more news regarding TippingPoint UnityOne and other new
security services from The Planet.

Thank you,

Planet Engineering and Security Teams

The send list for this message was generated on demand for affected
customers. This message constitutes a one time only announcement. You
can edit other mailing list preferences in Orbit at
https://orbit.theplanet.com/nav_orbit_users/a1_service_mail_admin.html
TS:CST:01-03-2005 7:28:01 PM