[Sysadmin] [ronr at linuxdude.com: bounces]

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Thu Jan 20 09:59:36 CST 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 6:33 AM, William Anderson wrote:

> William Anderson wrote:
>> David A. Ulevitch wrote:

>>> No, but I've verified by hand that it works.
>>>
>>> Should I "make it so?"
>>
>> Ze man from Del Monte, he say ... "yes"!
>>
>> Oh, and yeah for the DNS thing too :)
>
> did this ever happen?  It doesn't look like it :(

Thanks for the reminder!  Sometimes things fall out of my inbox and
onto the bit-bucket floor (aka, read-messages).

I'll take care of this late tonight or this weekend.  One of the
reasons I haven't done it is because our system isn't too awesome with
moving from primary-->secondary.  It sometimes exposes a window of
downtime.  Going secondary-->primary is seamless.  If I pay attention I
can make it seamless but that's why I need to block out about 20
minutes and just do it!  (I will!!!)

If it hasn't happened by saturday feel more than free to send me flames
and you can even textmsg me everydns at vtext.com.  If I'm asleep and my
pager rings that's good.  It is so loud that I can't help but to wake
up and you know if I was sleeping, I clearly have 20 minutes right
there to do it. :)

My apologies,
davidu