[Sysadmin] tempest security updates

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Nov 8 03:34:22 CST 2005

Mike King wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Yeah. Do we need some more structure to this admin business?

Probably :)

> Someone taking care of particular elements of admin, on a day to day
> basis? (system updates, drupal updates, etc)

I can certainly take care of the distro updates; I can nominate a day or
days where I'll do apt-get update && apt-get -u upgrade and make sure
nothing breaks post install.  Sunday would probably be best, as I do all
my other kit on Sundays anyway.

Best thing would be for folk to take ownership of certain bits, such as
distro mgmt, drupal mgmt, qmail mgmt, all-else-that's-non-deb-pkgs mgmt :)

> Anyway, I say apply those patches!

done :>

  apache apache-common apache-utils apache2-utils bsdutils
courier-authdaemon
  courier-base courier-imap courier-imap-ssl courier-ssl cpio libapr0
  libc-client2002edebian libice6 libmysqlclient12 libpcre3 libsm6 libssl-dev
  libssl0.9.6 libssl0.9.7 libx11-6 libxaw7 libxext6 libxft1 libxi6 libxmu6
  libxmuu1 libxp6 libxpm4 libxrandr2 libxt6 libxtrap6 libxtst6 lynx mlock
  mount mysql-client mysql-common mysql-server ntpdate openssl phpmyadmin
  python2.1 python2.1-dev python2.2 python2.3 python2.3-dev sudo util-linux
  util-linux-locales xfree86-common xlibs xlibs-data
53 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 37.3MB of archives.
After unpacking 673kB disk space will be freed.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has