[Sysadmin] css-discuss seems to be down

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 25 14:03:03 CDT 2005

Eric A. Meyer wrote:
> Hi John (and sysadmins!),
>
>     So far as I can tell, css-discuss stopped sending traffic about
> 10:19pm EDT (GMT-0400) on Friday.  Any chance of finding out if I'm
> on crack, or if it's really gone?
>     Also, I checked with the Incutio folks, and they're good to go
> with the migration to new servers.  I had hoped to give a couple of
> days' warning to the list members before the migration happened, but
> if you want to seize on this opportunity to move the list over before
> bringing it back up, we can do that.  If so, I'll post a "here's why
> your mail filters may have stopped working and how to fix them" post
> as soon as it's up and running again.  Just let me know which way you
> want to play it.  Thanks!

Hello,

We never actually migrated the css-d list or attempted it.  The list
interruption was due to qmail stopping for some reason.  The processes
were still running but the queues were not being processed.

That said, I have configured the new server, tempest.evolt.org, to
handle the css-d mailing list.  Let us know when you are ready to switch
over.  E-mail will appear to come from css-d at lists.evolt.org.uk while
the DNS changes propagagate.

Dean