[Sysadmin] Message Flood

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 00:04:59 CDT 2006

Just an explanation as to why the content list is just now getting flooded
with a bunch of mail....

I was trying to figure out why the exim mail queue keeps building while we
do not use exim.  I took a look at some of the messages and it looks like
Drupal is using either exim/sendmail to handle mail.  This means that
feedback, password reminders, etc. have all been queued.  The original dates
on some of the messages is 2005.  Unfortunately, this date is going to be
lost and they will all appear to have been sent today or tomorrow.  It looks
like d.e.o was also using this method to send new link notifications.

I have set up a new local router and transport so that exim now passes
messages to qmail so we should start seeing feedback from the site again.

Dean