[Sysadmin] Changes

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Wed May 31 13:40:34 CDT 2006

I've made a couple changes to the site and to the mailing list that I
thought I should document.

1) Since we have so few articles being posted to the site, it doesn't
make sense, to me, for the articles.rss page to be generated each time
it is accessed.  That said, I've set up a root cronjob to grab the
page, using wget, and save it to evolt.org document directory.  The
cronjob runs every 20 minutes, the same as the Drupal module hook
interval.  I've also added a rewrite in evolt.org.conf to return the
file before Drupal gets its hands on the request.  To back the change
out, remove the rewrite and remove the cronjob.

2) I've added a 'SPAM' list and changed the qmail-to-mailman.py file
so that mail that would have bounced from evolt.org or lists.evolt.org
instead goes to the SPAM list.

As well, I'm going to be gone this weekend so any held messages,
evolt.org comments will be held until I get back unless someone wants
to check up on them.

Dean