[Sysadmin] [Content] Feedback: Porn links on evolt

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Sun Oct 28 09:12:06 CDT 2007

This is a bona fide DNS attack.  I'm not certain it's not our own
server at fault, though I've just run an update and bind9 was on the
security updates list.

Anyway, right now Everydns.net is resolving these spam subdomains and
we're not.

If the problem was on our own box, these links will die in one hour.
If the everydns account has been compromised, they won't.

This has brought up a rather annoying hole in process.  Nobody who's
currently contactable from #evolt knows what our everydns account
*is*.  I assume if Dean knew it he'd have looked already, so it
appears that the people who know what to do (sysadmin) are for some
reason out of the loop on being able to do it.

That's pretty frickin' dumb.

I'm off to walk the dog, back in >1 hour.

jh