[Sysadmin] weo permissions/login issues

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 08:05:54 CST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk> wrote:
> OK, so on weo, I can log in, but the login doesn't persist to any page
> past my initial user page.
>
> fwiw, this is the exact problem I've been getting with my home Drupal
> 4.6 (and also 4.7 for *eo.easyweb.co.uk) setup, so if there's a
> resolution, I'll be personally bloody grateful.

Could be a manifestation of the following bug:

http://drupal.org/node/60584
http://drupal.org/node/53838
http://drupal.org/node/66428

This could also be why some people report that they cannot see the
form when trying to submit an article.  In other Drupal issues, it
seems to occur more often with people using IE.  In our case, it could
be that people are getting sessions set for www.evolt.org and
evolt.org and they are associated with the anonymous user.  If we
clear the sessions and cache table, that might fix it temporarily.
The ultimate solution is to upgrade Drupal.

Dean