[Sysadmin] So.. etch or hardy?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Oct 18 10:06:55 CDT 2008

David Kaufman wrote:
> Or should I say: Does anyone *not* think Ubuntu Hardy Server LTS is a
> better choice than Debian etch?
>
> I'm liking and leaning toward (but still unable to pronounce) Ubuntu.

I notice that ticket with theplanet (first time i've had a good look at
it) has been updated with "ACL to begin relload" (sic) in the subject,
but no message updates.  Are they reinstalling with Hardy or etch?  Have
we told them to select ssh and LAMP during the Hardy install?  Are we
really using 500MB swap on a machine with 1GB RAM?

-n