[Sysadmin] tron

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Mon Feb 2 10:15:56 CST 2009

Hi John,

John Handelaar wrote:

> David Kaufman <david at gigawatt.com> wrote:
>> So I'd prefer to stick with Debian, and just do the O/S switcheroo again
>> on the new box.
>
> Which begs the next question...
>
> When can you do that?  :)

I started the transplant last night, should need at least one more
sprint hopefully one evening this week.

No one prefers Debian Etch to the latest Ubuntu Server LTS, do they?  I
seem to remember the decision last time was that Ubuntu server was
preferable since it would have security updates much longer than etch
will, but I ran out of time and just did etch to get it done.  So I've
begun this time using Ubuntu Server 8.04 (Hardy) and have run into no
problems so far.

-dave