[Sysadmin] tempest -> tron goodies

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Jan 22 23:32:15 CST 2009

lo folks,

dean has been doing some awesome work in migrating stuff over.  lists
have been moved from tempest to tron and it all looks good.  primary
stealth dns seems to have been moved also.

I'm currently working on moving beo, abeo (the actual archive data) and
reo (rsync.evolt.org, used by mirror sites).

dean, i've twiddled with the dns a bit, but can't remember rcs
incantations :)  I've taken a backup copy of the evolt.org zone file in
/var/cache/bind/dns/evolt.org-orig and make some changes.  Primarily,
I've ditched those aa-XXX.dallas.tx.us hostnames and moved to just the
hostname (and hostname-X for the IP aliases); that aa-foo.location thing
is something i thought was awesome when I did it (about 6 years ago) but
looks silly now.

-n