[Sysadmin] Support Ticket: 5454386PLNT - Updated

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Fri Jan 23 14:38:48 CST 2009

Here's the back-and-forth in the support ticket.

I'll leave the ticket open in case we need more assistance, it happens
again, or whatever.

-dave

John P. - Friday January 23rd, 2009; 2:20 PM CST
I have connected a console to the server and was not getting monitor or
keyboard feedback. The server was in frozen state and had to be manually
rebooted. The server is now responding to ssh requests. Please verify that
access to the server is possible. Is there anything else we can do for you
today?

John Paul M.
DC Operations

John P. - Friday January 23rd, 2009; 2:10 PM CST
I will be accessing your server shortly. If a reboot is necessary I will
reboot as requested. Please standby, thank you.

John Paul M.
DC Operations

David Kaufman - Friday January 23rd, 2009; 2:05 PM CST
IP Address: 67.19.100.194
Comments: This server is not responding.

One of our sysadmins reported that Drupal on this machine was throwing the
following error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you
are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a
possible OS-dependent bug in
/store/host/www.evolt.org/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 31
Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available
memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug

*Very* surprising since the site has been running flawlessly for over 4
years!

and when he tried to ssh in he got:

I tried both and neither web nor ssh were responding at *all*, so I
requested an ROD Reboot, but it's still not responding.

Can you please investigate and reboot manually if necessary?

Thanks!