[Sysadmin] mysql/www_evolt_org crashed tables fixed

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Mar 2 04:22:48 CST 2012

lo all,

through the fucking crazy reporting method of a twitter DM from
@evolt_org to myself (which I only saw because I happen to have
twitter configured to email me notification of direct messages), this
was encountered:

@OllyHodgson: @evolt_org I'm seeing "Fatal error: Table
'./www_evolt_org/cache' is marked as crashed and should be repaired"

so I double checked in Chrome and lo and behold, evolt.org was borked.
 I sshed into tron and did this:

root at tron:~# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 106056
Server version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.8 (Ubuntu)

mysql> SHOW DATABASES;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| dir_evolt_org      |
| mysql              |
| sync_db            |
| tempest_backup     |
| test_evolt_org     |
| wiki_evolt_org     |
| www_evolt_org      |
+--------------------+
8 rows in set (0.20 sec)

mysql> USE www_evolt_org;

Database changed
mysql> REPAIR TABLE cache;
+---------------------+--------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+

+---------------------+--------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| www_evolt_org.cache | repair | warning  | Duplicate key for record
at 35271864 against record at 2543364 |
| www_evolt_org.cache | repair | warning  | Number of rows changed
from 18385 to 18384                     |
| www_evolt_org.cache | repair | status   | OK

3 rows in set (16.61 sec)

mysql>

And lo the angels did sing, and the clouds did part from the sky, and
the website did work again.

You're welcome :)

-n