[Sysadmin] css-d HTML and our public archive

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon Apr 21 16:46:54 CDT 2014

On 21 April 2014 21:17, Eric A. Meyer <eric at meyerweb.com> wrote:
> It does contains links to offsite resources (the above, specifically) but
> only as part of <a href=""> markup.  I'm not referring to offsite
> stylesheets or scripts, so far as I'm aware.  You can see the results of the
> customized HTML by going to
> http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d, if that helps.
>
> You guys can't see the markup in the list's database?  Interesting.  I'd
> have thought you were able to do that (speaking as someone who knows next to
> nothing about the internals of Mailman, your servers, and the security
> policies, obviously).

Hadn't looked; your mail implied you were trying to replace the file
that's there now :)

My reading of this is that it's a mailman bug that's subsequently been
fixed in a more recent point release and an interim unpleasant hacky
workaround would be to replace both <link>ed stylesheets with inline
css -- which is of course daft.

Dean/William, do you concur?