[Sysadmin] Test through cerf

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 22:46:44 UTC 2016

Oh. I didn't change anything with iptables. I did a

iptables-restore < iptables.save

And then started the scripts. Did Ubuntu change to a different alternative?

Dean

On Dec 24, 2016 3:38 PM, "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Dean Mah <dean.mah at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are two perl scripts that monitor log files for repeated attempts at
> ssh and for repeated mailman subscriptions. If the scripts detect that,
> they add the IP address to a temporary timeout. Blocking the first is
> obvious. Blocking the second prevents a DOS attack where mailman freezes
up
> and stops sending mail.

Yeah, but what have you done to iptables?  /sbin/iptables symlinks to
xtables-multi, and that's zero-sized with a timestamp of today.
iptables are managed with service iptables-persistent, and rules are
stored in /etc/iptables/rules.v4.  Except they can't be managed
because /sbin/iptables is broken.

> The only thing that I migrated was lists.evolt.org. I haven't done
anything
> else to migrate from Tron as a whole.

Yeah, the vhost for lists had the wrong VirtualHost binding stanza;
that's fixed, and everything else is fine.

> Also, I only changed DNS for lists.

Cool.

-n