[Sysadmin] Test through cerf

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Dec 25 00:35:15 UTC 2016

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 11:55 PM, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
> Awesome.

Dropped.

I've also installed fail2ban on both postel and cerf so that there's a
system-native solution to break-in attempts, rather than use our own
script.

cerf has additional rules for mailman that I've managed to faff
together.  The fail2ban config is in /etc/fail2ban/jail.local and the
ruleset for mailman is in /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/mailman.conf in case
anything needs tuning.  I've also copied over this month's subscribe
log from tron if it helps.

fail2ban log is in /var/log/fail2ban.log

The filter rule will require an update any time a list is removed or
added, so that'll need to be kept in mind for le future.

-n