[Sysadmin] new digitalocean droplet plans

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.org
Wed Jan 17 05:16:49 UTC 2018

Thanks for the update, William, and good work!

And thanks for the heads-up about the billing -- I put $25 on there
from PayPal, and I'll start paying attention to my monthly hosting
payment reminder again!

The year of free hosting has helped beefed up our bottom line a bit!
...thanks to the continued recurring donations of a couple of kind
benefactors.

PayPal: 242.17
PNC Bank: 490.58

(need to transfer a few bucks to the bank again to get it over $500 --
looks like they're still nickel-and-diming us $5 a month again becuz i
wasnt paying attention, again -- d'oh!)

But Google Adsense revenue has been downright dismal for 2017.  We
only earned $66.65 all year, not even enough to reach our minimum
payment threshold of $100, which usually get once a year :-(

I've been meaning to check on that -- I don't think there are ads
running on much of BEO any more, nor most of LEO, so that might
explain why, heheh.

Or maybe if donations can sustain us now with these lower hosting
costs, we should scrap the ads.  Thoughts?  I guess sit's a discussion
for theforum, not sysadmin

thanks,

-dave