[Theforum] Framing the House?

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Thu Oct 25 12:58:06 CDT 2001

good questions.. non-profit because we'd like to be able to accept
donations and stuff like that. alot of foundations and companies will only
give to NFP's.. also, so we don't have to deal with taxes like a normal
company would. even if a company doesn't make a dime, it still has to pay
a certain amount of taxes to the gov.

also, t-shirts and stuff like that coule be covered as 'fund raising' for
a NFP. this is why the IRS has to review a companies claim to be a NFP. if
you sell too many t-shirts, and that becomes your focus, obviously you
should start having to pay taxes..

:)