[Theforum] Re: Charter Gaps

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Oct 25 13:32:55 CDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:08:42 -0500 (CDT), "Daniel J. Cody"
<djc at members.evolt.org> wrote:

> i'd like to hear from a couple other people here too. :)
>
> /me smaks garrett, miriam, jeremy, john, hugh, mark, ron and scott.
> wake up :)

Yeah yeah... quit your bitchin' Mr Cody, all in good time *:)

I like to code, and develop. I like to build things that allow people to
communicate. Thats why I do my job, and thats why I joined evolt. It's
the perfect place for me. The amount of knowledge flowing through the
evolt network each day is staggering. It's quite scary if you think
about what has been achieved so far.

I've been hanging round since MJ, lurking, absorbing, wondering if I was
good enough to hang around with all the smart people. But I found my
feet, I started to contribute to evolt through posting on thelist,
helping out on #evolt and writing the odd article. I care about whats
been built, and I'd hate to see it fall apart (for any reason).

When it comes to the business side, esp the NFP stuff, I get confused
pretty easily, especially when the system is in a different country. And
to be honest, thats not really my bag. I'll pipe up if something sounds
wrong, but usually I'll stay quiet for fear of making a tit out of
myself.

I guess all I want to do is help evolt be the best thing it can be,
through the things I do best, coding, technical stuff, beer etc. And
when it comes to deciding what the best thing to be is, I'd like to be
able to voice my opinion in a public forum.

This is a little disjointed, can I just +1 Ron? *:)

G.