[Theforum] Roll Call

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Tue Oct 30 08:28:05 CST 2001

Hi All,

<snip>
There's roughly 42 people on this list (Is that number a portent?)
</snip>

Life, The Universe, and Everything Evolt, eh? ... +1!

<snip>
It seems like everybody is "in" for the moment. So...
</snip>
What?  At 9:38pm? (Local [center of the universe] Houston time?)
Get a life folks!  Nope - this is the day gig!    ;-)

Who are you?
Ron Luther - an ornery 43 year old whackadoodle
 - former Cleveburg, Ohio metalhead now living in cow country Texas -
the cultural adjustments have been pretty amusing!
 - voracious reader, crappy guitar player, bad speller, math wiz, ...
and as my son wrote in his school paper when he was a tad younger ...
"My dad is really wierd - but cool!"  ... and proud of it!

What do you do?
for cash?
 - develop custom intranet reports for supply chain junk; orders,
inventory, MRP, etc.  Mostly using a tool called Brio, but sometimes
outlining the reports in ASP that I don't get to write.
for fun?
 - lots of junk; museums, zoos, mountain biking, inline skates, picnics
with my sweetie, playing with the old camera ...
cuz I can't help myself?
 - think really really odd things

What do you want to do?
 - I'd really like to more frequently and consistently reach that inner
balance where I am so obviously and outrageously happy that I get
complete strangers coming up to me telling me I shouldn't be so happy.
(Been there a few times - like slow dancing around a seafood restaurant
in Annapolis while waiting for our lobster to arrive - it's great fun!)
 - Wind up on Page 3 of the Sun.
when I grow up?
 - Bah! - If you don't grow up by 35 - you don't have to!

What has been your experience with evolt so far?
 - Hmmmm ... extremely favorable - the bill of fare is intriguing and
very wide ranging. The service is exceptional!  The helpings are filling
and generous.  The ambiance is pleasant - or at least interesting.  The
decor could use a little work.  ;-)

Do you have a cat?
 - I am without animals at the moment.   ;-(

Do you kick kittens?
 - Sorry - I'm not that coordinated. I'd rather juggle them than kick
them.

Got a URL?
 - Why? You like ugly sites?  Here are my personal 'train wrecks' ...
    - http://www.fangsnclaws.com/
    - http://members.evolt.org/ronl/

If you limited yourself to one food for the rest of your life what would
it be?
 - I wouldn't.  Hmmmmmm ... unless you were talking about 'alternative
uses' for food? <wink, wink, nod, nod>  Ahhhhhh! Well then .... in that
case I might have to go with Twinkies. <Oh yeah!>   ;-)

Boxers or Thongs?
 - Can I just watch lady boxers in thongs? ..... Please?
 - Tried both ... don't like boxers.

If you got into a fight with Taylor, would you win?
 - Hmmm ... I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it mind you - but I'm
pretty sure I would win - (I mean, really - like - Liz Taylor's pretty
old now isn't she?  And - like - she was never really mean or anything -
like Betty Davis, right? ....) - Yeah - I think I could take her!!

RonL.
[Cheer up - our studies show that more than 85% of the time - it's Not
Monday!]