[Theforum] re: Spoken Upingly ;-)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Oct 30 09:56:27 CST 2001

At 09:42 AM 10/30/2001, you wrote:
> >>I'll pipe up eventually. :9
> >
> >Er...uh...ditto.  Seems I have a bit of catching up to do.

And when I say this, I mean on the whole of evolt, not just the brief
history of conversation on this one list.  I knew people were passionate
about evolt...I just never realized the extent of it
before.  <best_spock_voice>Fascinating.</best_spock_voice>

>hi ben
>
>that's not really necessary
>
>sure, you could scour the archives, but that will only give you more
>ammunition for shooting your self-confidence in the foot, because you will
>find emotional and politically-charged posts and then you'll start
>wondering what the "right" answer might be...
>
>there is no right answer

True, but there is always a best answer.  It's not often clear and
sometimes it doesn't make sense, but it's usually there.

>the only background you need is your own experience with evolt -- what you
>think of it, what you like and dislike about it, where you'd like to see it
>go, how you think it should be run, and so on

I'll pipe up when I can add something more than "Yup" or "That's not
right." (That doesn't make for terribly good debate anyways.)

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/