[Theforum] Roll Call - Spinhead

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Tue Oct 30 11:39:36 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "A. Erickson" <amanda at gawow.com>
To: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 7:37 PM
Subject: [Theforum] Roll Call

> Maybe we should do a quick roll call -- if no one objects. There's
> roughly 42 people on this list (Is that number a portent?) It seems like
> everybody is "in" for the moment. So...
>
> Who are you?

Joel D Canfield (note the lack of a period after the 'D' there. One of my
many affectations. Sorry) 41 or 42 (don't do birthdays and not sure what
year it is right now) married 22.4 years to Gwen 'TheKate'

> What do you do?
db and web development, and general MIS support for 75+ users in a high-tech
r&d startup

> What do you want to do?
Wait for my stock options to mature, and then work at home providing
database/web stuff to small companies that otherwise couldn't afford it.
With 4 computer literate kids at home, I've got a ready-made company.

> What has been your experience with evolt so far?
Great learning experience - technically, professionally, philosophically.

> Do you have a cat?
No. My wife's is deathly (no exaggeration) allergic. Shuts her kidneys down.

> Do you kick kittens?
When I was very young, I had my very own kitten. It died of pneumonia
because someone not in my family mistreated it. Still chokes me up. I
snuggle kittens inside my jacket and take them to someone who'll give them a
good home.

> Got a URL?
spinhead.com (subtitled 'stagnant.com' until I get the design in my head
down in pixels)

> If you limited yourself to one food for the rest of your life what would
> it be?
Beer. Sorry; I wanted to be all mature and responsible and set a good
example for our younger members, but I can't lie to my friends. Coronado
Brewing Company's Oatmeal Stout.

> Boxers or Thongs?
No idea. Which ARE you wearing?

> If you got into a fight with Taylor, would you win?
Taylor likes me. Everybody likes me. Why would we fight?

I intentionally didn't read anyone else's roll call before I wrote this,
'cause I'm very susceptible to predispositions. Really looking forward to
it, though.

Joel