[Theforum] culture-differences (was: Roll Call - Madhu)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 30 16:14:24 CST 2001

> From: Martin <martin at members.evolt.org>
[...]
> The problem I have with them is that they make damned
> good coffee - and it's the only place where I can consistently
> get a coffee I like without spending 20 minutes explaining
> that I want it strong, with only a small bit of milk.
[...]

feh... sissies...

do what i did -- find a coffee shop you like, get to know the owner,
convince him to sell, get a friend to buy it, help him do the deal...

not only will he (or his new staff) ever forget what you like, but you'll
get it on the menu with your name...

and i don't even drink coffee...

of course, you could just print it on the back of your business
cards and stuff 'em in the fishbowl...

(hi, jeremy!  hoping you're not reading this, and if so, i wasn't
talking about you!)