[Theforum] culture-differences (was: Roll Call - Madhu)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Oct 30 18:13:46 CST 2001

At 06:08 PM 10/30/2001, you wrote:
>From: "Ben Dyer" <ben_dyer at imaginuity.com>
>
>| Hey!  I swear, you give the world Mike Judge and id Software and look how
>| the world repays you...
>|
>| :)
>
>a who and what?
>(not kidding)

I should've known better.  The entire topic of conversation and I blew over
the whole point again.  :|

Mike Judge is best known as the creator of the American TV shows "Beavis &
Butthead" and "King of the Hill."  He also directed the movie "Office Space."

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Judge,+Mike
http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/celeb/188065

He grew up, at least, in Garland, Texas, an eastern suburb of Dallas.  The
setting for King of the Hill is Arlen, Texas and is mostly based on his
neighborhood (I used to live in Garland, he's not too far off).

id Software is best known as the producer of the ridiculously-popular
first-person shoot-em-up games Doom/Doom II/Quake/Quake II/Quake III and is
located in Mesquite, Texas, also an eastern suburb of Dallas.

http://www.idsoftware.com/

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/