[Theforum] Re: [thasite] Priv Levels, Voting App. and UEUE

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Nov 1 18:58:01 CST 2001

i think we've crossed the gray line completely now, so this is just sent
to theforum...

On Nov 1, Michele Foster had something to say about Re: [thesite] Priv...

>| theforum members won't vote. Voting members will vote. Any member of
>| theforum wishing to vote will register their interest and be voted in or
>| not.
>

>Based on Jeff's response, it's not really an issue.  But why do you think
>theforum would not vote? I mean, similar to how theProcess had votes on
>certain issues that affect their working group.

Maybe. But theprocess also had a fixed membership. or at least not nearly
as open as theforum. I guess this basically depends on what is decided to
be requirements of a "theforum voter".

>| As MEO people run through the same check as future voting members (i.e.,
>| regarding level of contribution), it makes sense (to me), to run future
>MEO
>| people through the same procedure. i.e., you apply for MEO, and you get
>| voting rights. Or you apply for voting rights, and you get the option of
>an
>| MEO account.
>|
>| So, I think we should give MEO people priv=2, and that's the voting priv.
>
>I'm not sure I would agree with this.

+1. They have nothing to do with each other... other than MEO members have
some application process. Making them the same is not a good idea,
IMO... especially if, down the line, the requirements for a MEO account
have to change due to limited hard drive space or bandwith, increased
hooliganism, etc.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com