[Theforum] Re: survey first draft

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Fri Nov 2 15:00:00 CST 2001

djc scribbled:
>http://members.evolt.org/djc/evolt/surveydraft.html

"Do you often leave ratings for articles?"

How about:

"After reading an article, how often do you leave ratings?"
	a. every time
	b. most of the time
	c. about half of the time
	f. soemtimes
	g. never    why? [_____]

followed by:

"If you do rate an article, it is most likely
	a. a relatively poor article
	b. a relatively good article
	c. independant of its quality

or something.

And then to follow: "How often do you provide comments to the articles
you've read? ":

"I usually comment on an article because:"
	a. I found a mistake or wish to offer an improvement
	b. I wish to make a counter-argument
	c. I wish to applaud the auther on a good article

[the above options need work]

"How would you rate the quality of the evolt.org mailing list you're
subscribed to?"

Hi, i'm Joe User and I love thelist, but I think thechat is mostly fluff
and low quality discussions, or whatever. What do I answer?

Maybe this would be a good candidate for a texarea:

"Please provide any comments about the quality or otherwise of the
list(s) to which you are subscribed"

or something.

"What do you like best about the members.evolt.org service?"

I think we need to axe "price" as an option. It distracts from what we're
really trying to figure out. And, I, as a meo account holder, would have a
hard time picking between "price" and "development environments", because
I wouldn't give a damn about the no cost if there was nothing I could
really do with the account and I wouldn't care about the dev. environments
if the price was way too high. Plus, "meo" basically means "'free' member
accounts to dedicated members", so  it's not like we're considering
raising or lowering the price. Also, dunno whether we wanna keep
"everything" as an option. they can put "everything" in the "other" box,
if "they" want "to". Sorry, "getting" a "little" carried "away" with the
"quotes".

Oh:

"Would you consider making a monthly/quarterly contribution to evolt.org
for the services members.evolt.org provides?"

Well, i still wouldn't be able to decide between price and
dev. environments. And, since the above is really a donation... I
dunno. *shrug*

rock.

--
mattwarden