[Theforum] survey first draft

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Fri Nov 2 15:09:02 CST 2001

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, A. Erickson wrote:

> + The question about being anonymous should have a link to a page
> explaining our privacy policy for the questionaire.

ok. have any examples of what a page like that should look like?

> + Will the user be able to "check all that apply"? The second question
> makes me think of that -- it would be nice to know if someone felt they
> had heard of evolt from a number of different places

maybe they should be checkboxes instead

> + "How would you rate your involvement in the evolt.org community?" I
> wonder if "read the site" should be separate from "read the list and
> respond" but maybe that's covered in the previous question?
>
> + "Are you interested in purchasing evolt.org clothing (i.e. tshirts,
> caps)?" I think this should go into a separate area, maybe one in which
> we specify that we are talking about business stuff and not community
> stuff. This question sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I also think
> that the suggestion (Madhu's?) that we ask about cost rather than want
> might be more interesting.

what other business stuff should we be asking?

> + "How often to you read the www.evolt.org site?" We're missing: (f)
> Never.

done

> + "What do you enjoy most out of the www.evolt.org site? (Check all that
> apply)" Add: "comment features".

what are comment features? do you mean the ability to comment on articles?

> + "Are there any features or enhancements that you'd like to see on the
> lists.evolt.org website?" I think we should link to it here,
> target="_blank".

here = where?

> + Demographics, each of these should have a "prefer not to answer"
> checkbox, I think: Age: ____ enter age; Sex: xMale, xFemale; Location:
> _____ city, ____ state or province, ___ country; Do you consider
> yourself a: xDesigner, xProgrammer, xOther.

ok

> + Someone mentioned getting skillset/software information -- that would
> be cool. Maybe this is on Ron's page... Better go look.

ya, his page has all that stuff

thanks for the feedback!

.djc.