[Theforum] my two cents

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Nov 3 17:56:23 CST 2001

Erika Meyer wrote on 31/10/01 5:51 pm

>Evolt historically uses #2, the more "general" meaning... or at least
>from what I've seen.

With an additional layer of meaning: "No-one seriously pissed
off about it" ie even if not everyone actively agrees with it,
everyone's prepared to live with it.

>But in either case, greater numbers, and/or fluctuating numbers,
>makes consensus harder to gage.  Which is why some of us have
>advocated for a more formalized "voting" system for certain decisions.

So that there's clarity in what the decision was, and to
make sure that whoever has to do whatever the decision
was can come back and say "I did what we all wanted"
and no-one can complain about it.

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland