[Theforum] Demographics

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed Nov 7 10:29:25 CST 2001

At 09:28 AM 11/6/2001, you wrote:
>My own ugly code this time ... (As opposed to the ugly Word -> HTML
>junk)
>
>http://members.evolt.org/ronl/demographics.html

+1 on the "I want more info" checkbox.

One additional thought on skillsets: maybe we should toss in MS's .net
strategy, too (VB.net, C#, etc.).  Sounds like some people might be
interested in that.  Maybe programming development environments, too:
Macromedia Ultradev, Microsoft Visual Studio/Visual Studio.net, etc.

(Was at Microsoft's DeveloperDays yesterday, so all that crap is on the
brain right now.)

I'm also with isaac and Madhu on the need for more design-related
ideas/concepts in general.  To me, it seems, most of the really
design-oriented web sites out there have gone so far off the deep end in
design that they aren't even practical.  If our company went to one of our
clients with a design concept like www.designiskinky.net, or www.k10k.net
or even www.alistapart.com / www.zeldman.com, we'd get fired.  It'd be nice
if there were some good design that was not just art.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/