[Theforum] Evolt finances

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 11:46:02 CST 2001

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
>
> ok, what else do you want to know about?
[...]
> > >sure, just ask. currently we don't really spend money on anything..
> > >if we do, its usually picked up by someone privately. if thats too
> > >vague, lemme know :)

this brings up an interesting point...

assuming the NFP stuff goes forward, we're going to need to track
this stuff... for a few reasons...

- we'd have to as an NFP by law...

- people donating would be able to write it off, but only if the NFP
tracks it, otherwise it looks like a tax dodge...

there are more reasons, and i just glossed over the two above, but
that's the general gist...

so, while we may not have it now, at some point we'll need to
itemize spending and put together budgets (ugh)...

it might be a good idea now to look at our recurring expenses and
assess the overhead... in fact, to get the NFP, i believe we'll have
to have our books in order... for now, a bullet list is probably good
enough...