[Theforum] Re: [Admin] Re: langs (was: 17320)

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 12 16:57:04 CST 2001

> 2) Have language/territory as a preference, the nav localises,
>      and any articles which are available in the appropriate
>      language/territory appear in that translation. If they're
>      not available in that combination, they appear in English
>      if available, and don't appear if not.

Yeh, we pitched something like this to a large company once (never went
ahead). I saw it as the best method of handling gradual translations.

So you might see (on an article):

---
Also available in: German, French.
Translations required: Spanish, Greek, or Other. (link to FAQ calling for
volunteer translations).
---

> Of course, for the back articles, if we have the capability
> (people with time & motivation) to translate articles which those
> people think need translation, then again, that'll be done at the
> pace set by the people, their time and motivation.

Exactly.

> In either case, one translation of one article is better than we have
> now.

I agree.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au