[Theforum] Re: [Admin] Re: langs (was: 17320)

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 12 20:26:29 CST 2001

I'd suggest doing this graphically instead.  We can convey
languages by writing Deutsch, Francais, Espanol etc but the
additional stuff would require more words than we have.

'Lit' flags and 'unlit' greyed-out flags might do the trick.

Prolly too much detail for this stage of the conversation, but
what the hey.

Meanwhile...

<tip type="I18n, layout">
Almost no languages are as horizontally concise as
English.  Start changing the language of the navigation
and the layout'll get shot to shit really quickly. Unless
it's planned out in advance, that is.
</tip>

"Horizontally concise".  /me smirks - English is kinda
cool.  You can't do that in French :-)

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com