[Theforum] New feature suggestions

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue Nov 13 12:35:01 CST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, profjj wrote:
> This sounds ok, and satisfies those those who want this functionality and
> those who don't, and secondly, sometimes it's not easy to see the
> notification email, by sifting through all that list email (which i send to
> one folder), just to see that a new article has been submited.

ok. that mixed with what madhu said seems like the best solution

> Also, I had posted the following a couple weeks ago back in october, no
> comments received:~

sorry, i missed this post

> http://www.evolt.org/article/Simple_Cross_Language_Bulk_Mailer_Part_1/18/927
> 9/index.html
> http://www.evolt.org/article/XML_Defining_A_Technology_Part_One_of_Six/17/14
> 830/index.html
>
> Just two examples to make the point.  These are great articles, and there
> are a number of us, who enthusiastically started reading, and waited in
> vain, for the following installments of these articles.  A system needs to

well the first one is mine.. did you realize there *is* a part 2 on the
site? maybe you do and you're commenting on my lack of a part 3 :)

soon. i swear.

> 	http://www.evolt.org/article/profjj/26/16736/index.html

i like the idea of putting it in the sidebar if anywhere..

but, what about articles that were written a year ago? they've obviously
been read more times than an article submitted yesterday, but if we put a
counter on each article, they'd all start at zero, which would be unfair
maybe..

not really saying i'm for or against, just one thing to consider..

thanks for the feedback, sorry i missed it the first time!

.djc.