[Theforum] Featured article positioning and concept

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 14 01:11:46 CST 2001

> From: "isaac" <isaac at members.evolt.org>
>
> what do you think about encouraging similar headers for certain
> top-line articles (the popular ones, and new tutorials, etc)?
> obviously we wouldn't bother with news/jobs/etc.

i could dig that, keeping in mind that an image with, say, black text
wouldn't work too well in my stealth style, or else it would be a big
white/light box... i think it's dangerous to start adding images, and
aliasing can be an issue with different bg colors...

IOW, i'm backpedaling now that i've thought about it some...

> one thing holding us back is a place for authors to upload their
> images. how should we handle that?

perhaps by not letting authors create their titles?  for instance, the
CSS / custom styles issue alone could make it too difficult...

what about the ALA approach?