[Theforum] moving ahead with the survey

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Wed Nov 21 12:29:26 CST 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Madhu Menon wrote:

> marks from words like "poor" and "excellent"? Exclamation marks are so
> often misused... :(

ok

> >So, before we get sidetracked on to many other issues and ideas here - as
> >we're famous for - anyone have final opinions or suggestions?
>
> lists.evolt.org -
>
> - Question 2 does not compute. You could rate one list as "excellent" and
> another as "poor". This question needs you to "average" out the ratings,
> leading to wrong results.

ok, i think i know what you're talking about.. and have put a rough lil
somthing up there, lemme know what you think

> - Question 5 should have a textarea for filling in more than one mailing list.

> Other
>
> - I wasn't even aware of the directory till a few weeks back. There are
> probably others who'll go "huh? what directory?" We need a "not aware of
> feature" type of choice
>
> - ditto for browser archive

i guess thats why we're asking(insert the 'what should we be promoting
more' thread here)

> Demographics
>
> - No choices for:
>
> Usability
> Information Architecture

lumped these together if thats cool(it may not be :)

> Content creation
> (yes Virginia, people actually do these things :)
>
> - We need a distinction between "tools" and "skills". "Logo design" is a
> skill, "Photoshop" is a tool (though you can be skilled at Photoshop ;)
>
> - "Font Identification / Selection" should be "typography"
>
> - The "miscellaneous" section is very vague. There should probably be a
> "system administration" section.
>
> Essentially, I think we need to split the demographics into "Front-end
> tools", "Back-end technologies", "Special skills", and perhaps "Job
> profile". Without thinking too much of it, these is the IA I can think of.

ok. any suggestions on what should go where or what to consolidate?

.djc.