[Theforum] Adding theForum to l.e.o.

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Mon Nov 26 14:03:14 CST 2001

Dan wrote:
>  > voting never has been figured out for this group. and maybe
>>  its just me, but i think we've gotten a lot done in the past
>  > month on this list <gasp> without a voting system</gasp>!!

The Afghan Taliban got a lot done too.  They brought law and order to
a lawless land, got rid of scores a bunch of ancient idols, destroyed
opium poppies, got women off the streets and under sheets...

and the US & Northern Alliance got a lot done over the past month as well...

...all without a single vote.

Makes you feel all warm inside, huh.

That's the beauty of non-democratic governing.

Amanda wrote:
>I think every reasonable person can agree that some issues don't need a
>vote and others do. If an issue is controversial then it's helpful to
>have a voting system to sort things out. If an decision is needed on
>something major that will affect the mood, direction, community, etc. of
>evolt then it would be good to have a vote to formalize.

+1

Erika